Apple iPad mini, new iPad 4G LTE models hit stores
AT&T, Verizon and Sprint announced Friday the arrival of the 4G LTE models of Apple's iPad mini and fourth generation iPad.
Apple's iPad mini is a smaller, cheaper version of the iPad. The mini tablet features at 7.9-inch screen with 1,024 x 768 display resolution, front- and rear-facing cameras and 1080p HD video recording.
The fourth generation iPad has a 9.7-inch screen with Retina display, front- and rear-facing cameras and 1080p HD video recording. The tablet features an A6X processor, faster Wi-Fi and Lightening connector.
Customers can purchase the iPad mini and new iPad at select AT&T and Sprint stores. It's currently not clear if the tablets are available at Verizon stores. However, all three carriers are selling the iPads online.
Apple's iPad mini and fourth generation iPad Wi-Fi only models went on sale on Nov. 2. At the time, tech giant announced that the 4G LTE versions would ship two weeks later.
The iPad mini with 4G LTE starts at $459.99 for a 16 gigabyte model. The fourth generation iPad with 4G LTE starts at $629.
Popular in SciTech
- One woman's journey to save the white lions
- Computer visionary says he knows who invented Bitcoin
- Canada trying to lure Silicon Valley tech workers
- Preview: Killzone Mercenary
- Apple's next iPhone may be coming in June
- Alternatives to Google Reader
- Thousands online proclaim: Jahar Tsarnaev is innocent
- "God particle": Why the Higgs boson matters