Samsung Galaxy Camera available on AT&T Nov. 16
Samsung Galaxy Camera / Samsung
AT&T announced Monday that the Samsung Galaxy Camera is hitting store shelves on Nov. 16.
The tablet-camera hybrid, of sorts, will be available through AT&T for about $500, with or without a data plan.
The Samsung Galaxy Camera is essentially a 16 megapixel point-and-shoot camera that runs Google's mobile operating system Android Jelly Bean. Users can use the camera like a mini tablet, emailing or posting photos straight to social networks.
The device features a 21x optical zoom lens, a quad core 1.4 gigahertz processor and 4.8-inch HD LCD screen.
AT&T also announced that for a limited time, customers can receive $100 a second Samsung device with purchase.
Data plans for the Samsung Galaxy Camera are as follows:
- AT&T Mobile Share: $10 to share between 1 GB and 20GB
- AT&T DataConnect 250MB: $15 for 250MB
- AT&T DataConnect 3GB: $30 for 3GB
- AT&T DataConnect 5GB: $50 for 5GB
Popular in SciTech
- Greatest threat to Africa's white lions: American hunters Play Video
- Apple's next iPhone may be coming in June
- Thousands online proclaim: Jahar Tsarnaev is innocent
- "God particle": Why the Higgs boson matters
- Alternatives to Google Reader
- Apple's iPhone 6 may have bigger screen, analyst says
- Beam this up: Creating the sounds of "Star Trek"
- Drone technology myths, facts and future feats