"Angry Birds Star Wars" launches in a galaxy not-so-far away
Rebel birds battle Imperial pigs on Tatooine in "Angry Birds Star Wars." / Rovio
"Angry Birds Star Wars" has officially launched. Fans of the addictive video game can now battle in a galaxy far, far away.
"Angry Birds" is widely considered a mobile gaming phenomenon. The gameplay is physics-based, where players shoot birds from a sling-shot to destroy buildings and take down green pigs. As the game progresses, the structures become more complex.
In "Angry Birds Star Wars," players step into the tumultuous world of Rebel birds that must fight against evil Imperial pigs, and take down the Empire's terrifying weapon: The Pig Star.
The game has the Angry Birds cast dressed up as Star Wars characters with the game set against storylines and settings of the iconic space opera.
"Angry Birds Star Wars" is the fifth installment of the series, developed by Rovio, and is preceded by "Angry Birds Space," "Angry Birds Seasons," "Angry Bird Rio" and "Angry Birds."
"Star Wars" is an American science fiction film series created by George Lucas. The classic franchise is considered a pop culture phenomenon.
"Angry Birds Star Wars" is available now on iOS, Android, Windows Phone 8, Amazon Kindle Fire, Windows and Mac. Prices range from free to $4.99. May the Force be with you.
Popular in SciTech
- Airborne laser reveals hidden city in Cambodia
- Solar plane lands at Dulles Airport Play Video
- Chinese supercomputer named world's fastest
- Last telegram ever to be sent July 14
- NASA unveils plans to capture asteroids
- Valentina Tereshkova: First woman in space 13 Photos
- Was there a rape joke at Microsoft's Xbox One event?
- NASA picks 8 new astronauts, 4 of them women