Obama makes one last plea on Reddit
President Barack Obama sits at a laptop answering questions from Reddit users on Wednesday, Aug. 29, 2012. / Imgur/PresidentObama
President Barack Obama posted one final comment on the link-sharing community Reddit before polls close in the 2012 presidential election.
Obama (or his account, anyway) started off by thanking the community for participating in an AMA or "Ask Me Anything" session, and making a few inside jokes to regular readers of Reddit. But, the main purpose of his comment was to get out the vote.
- President Obama answers questions on Reddit AMA - read his full answers
- Obama's Reddit AMA breaks record, Ohanian invites Romney
"I'm checking in because polls will start closing in this election in just a few hours, and I need you to vote," Obama wrote.
Obama made a surprise visit on Reddit on Aug. 26, where he answered 10 questions from the community. The visit broke records, the site's co-founder Alexis Ohanian told CBS News in August.
At the time, Ohanian said he was working to encourage with the Romney campaign to take part in an AMA session, as well. Romney did not participate, but his choice for vice president, Paul Ryan, did post a lengthy response on the question and answer site Quora.
Read the full text of Obama's comment on Reddit:
I want to thank you all again for the reception you gave me in August for my AMA. Good questions. Definitely not bad.
I'm checking in because polls will start closing in this election in just a few hours, and I need you to vote.
Millions of Americans have stepped up in support of this campaign over the last 19 months, and today we decide what the next four years look like -- but only if we show up.
I ask that you go out there and cast your vote, whatever your political persuasion.
You can confirm your polling location here:
If you've voted already, don't stop there -- spread the word to your friends, roommates, and neighbors. Think of it as upvoting.
Popular in SciTech
- Airborne laser reveals hidden city in Cambodia
- NASA unveils plans to capture asteroids
- Privacy officials request details on Google Glass
- Last telegram ever to be sent July 14
- Solar plane lands at Dulles Airport Play Video
- Chinese supercomputer named world's fastest
- Apple TV gets HBO GO, WatchESPN
- Was there a rape joke at Microsoft's Xbox One event?