Google announces Nexus 4, Nexus 10
Google's Nexus 4, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10. / Google
Google is adding a few more gadgets to holiday shopping lists.
The devices announced Monday include the latest in Google's line of Nexus smartphones and a larger version of the 7-inch tablet that the company began selling in July under the Nexus brand.
The Nexus 4 smartphone is being made by LG Electronics and features an update to Google's Android 4.2 system, also known as Jelly Bean. The larger Nexus tablet is being made by Samsung Electronics Co. and features a 10-inch display screen, about the same size as Apple Inc.'s top-selling iPad.
The Nexus 10 tablet with 16 gigabytes of storage will sell for $399. That's $100 less than the comparable version of the latest iPad. The Nexus goes on sale in Google's online store Nov. 13.
Here is a breakdown of Google's mobile devices:
- Nexus 4: 8GB for $299; 16GB for $349; available unlocked and without a contract on 11/13 on the Google Play store in the U.S., U.K., Australia, France, Germany, Spain and Canada. The 16GB version will also be available through T-Mobile for $199, with a 2-year contract.
- Nexus 7: 16GB for $199 and 32GB for $249; available in the U.S., U.K., Australia, France, Germany, Spain, Canada and Japan, and also through our retail partners Gamestop, Office Depot, Office Max, Staples and Walmart.
- Nexus 7 with 32GB and mobile data: $299 and unlocked, on sale 11/13 in the Google Play store in the U.S., U.K., Australia, France, Germany, Spain and Canada.
- Nexus 10: 16GB for $399; 32GB for $499; available on 11/13 in the Google Play Store in the U.S., U.K., Australia, France, Germany, Spain, Canada and Japan.
Popular in SciTech
- Amazon proposes a colossal biospherelike Seattle campus
- Weird pirate ant comes with an "eye patch"
- Jennifer Lopez to open Verizon cellphone stores
- Apple's next iPhone may be coming in June
- The 7 weirdest things made by 3D printing
- Google to add Galapagos Islands to Street View
- "God particle": Why the Higgs boson matters
- Watch: Biggest solar storm of the year Play Video