Facebook to hold Gifts event at FAO Schwartz in New York
Invitation to a Facebook Gifts event at FAO Schwarz in New York City. / Facebook
Facebook has sent out invitations to a press event in New York in November to unveil some news about Facebook Gifts, the social network's new gifting service.
The invite, sent out to media Thursday, features the text "You = Invited," with a gift bow in the background. The event will take place at 7:30 p.m. ET on Nov. 1at the FAO Schwarz on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan.
A Facebook representative said the company had nothing else to share besides the info on the invite.
The Facebook Gifts service, which went live late last month, allows Facebook users to give each other physical gifts by sending them through the social network.
It's the social network's foray into e-commerce and if users take to it, it could create a solid revenue stream for a company that is struggling to prove it's profitable.
Facebook could be announcing a new retail partner for Gifts. The program started out with 100 merchants at launch, including Starbucks, Uber and various plush toy companies.
This article originally appeared on CNET.
Popular in SciTech
- Calif. teen wins Intel Science Research competition Play Video
- Computer visionary says he knows who invented Bitcoin
- One woman's journey to save the white lions
- New Flickr comes with 1 terabyte free storage
- Apple's next iPhone may be coming in June
- Canada trying to lure Silicon Valley tech workers
- Four things you need to know about tornado season
- Alternatives to Google Reader