Facebook to hold Gifts event at FAO Schwartz in New York
Invitation to a Facebook Gifts event at FAO Schwarz in New York City. / Facebook
Facebook has sent out invitations to a press event in New York in November to unveil some news about Facebook Gifts, the social network's new gifting service.
The invite, sent out to media Thursday, features the text "You = Invited," with a gift bow in the background. The event will take place at 7:30 p.m. ET on Nov. 1at the FAO Schwarz on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan.
A Facebook representative said the company had nothing else to share besides the info on the invite.
The Facebook Gifts service, which went live late last month, allows Facebook users to give each other physical gifts by sending them through the social network.
It's the social network's foray into e-commerce and if users take to it, it could create a solid revenue stream for a company that is struggling to prove it's profitable.
Facebook could be announcing a new retail partner for Gifts. The program started out with 100 merchants at launch, including Starbucks, Uber and various plush toy companies.
This article originally appeared on CNET.
Popular in SciTech
- Amazon proposes a colossal biospherelike Seattle campus
- Weird pirate ant comes with an "eye patch"
- Jennifer Lopez to open Verizon cellphone stores
- Apple's next iPhone may be coming in June
- The 7 weirdest things made by 3D printing
- Google to add Galapagos Islands to Street View
- "God particle": Why the Higgs boson matters
- Watch: Biggest solar storm of the year Play Video