Apple iPad Mini Oct. 17 event imminent? Rumors resurface
Apple may be sending out an invitation for an iPad Mini invitation next week, a recent report says.
According to Fortune, a "major Apple investor" reports that Apple will send an invitation out on Oct. 10 for an Oct. 17 event, where the tech giant may announce a 7.85-inch iPad Mini.
Of course, these rumors will have to be taken with a grain of salt. Apple iPad Mini rumors have been circulating since before the last iPad was announced, but so far nothing has been confirmed.
In August, AllThingsD reported that "several sources" said that Apple would announce the iPad Mini in October. Several rumors prior suggested that the smaller tablet would be announced with the iPhone 5, which was announced on Sept. 12.
In April, the Chinese blog NetEase reported that Apple has placed an order for an iPad mini. According to the report, 6 million units have been ordered for release in the third quarter.
In March, DigiTimes reported that "makers" in Apple's supply chain have started "delivering samples of a 7.85-inch iPads for verification."
It's been speculated that if Apple releases a smaller iPad, it will likely be priced at anywhere from $249 to $299.
Popular in SciTech
- Airborne laser reveals hidden city in Cambodia
- Chinese supercomputer named world's fastest
- Solar plane lands at Dulles Airport Play Video
- NASA picks 8 new astronauts, 4 of them women
- Valentina Tereshkova: First woman in space 13 Photos
- Last telegram ever to be sent July 14
- NASA unveils plans to capture asteroids
- "Tweet" added to Oxford English Dictionary