Yahoo! top searches 2012: "Appetizing yet stomach-turning" foods
Burger King's bacon sundae is a sweet and savory treat for those who don't mind testing the limits of their good health. / AP Photo/Burger King, File, Noel Barnhurst
As the end of the year approaches, it's time to take a look back on the foods we desired -- but are probably better off skipping.
"Appetizing yet stomach-turning" foods of 2012
Yahoo! has compiled a list of the top searches of 2012, including what they are deeming "Most Appetizing Yet Stomach-Turning Searches." These treats are a little bit sweet, a little bit savory and a whole lot of calories without that much nutritional value.
One of the items that made this year's list is Flamin' Hot Cheetos, which made headlines for being banned from some schools due to poor nutritional value and the propensity for users to share the snack and germs. It also caused more than a few panicked trips to the ER because the orange dye made kids' stool look like it contained blood.
Another food item is the bacon sundae, which Burger King started to serve in select markets this year. The salty, creamy dessert will set you you back 510 calories, 18 grams of fat and 61 grams of sugar.
And, if you're looking for a holiday dish to bring to dinner, please don't consider grape jelly meatballs. Each round parcel of meat contains contains more than 60 calories and about half a gram of fat, according to Livestrong.com.
For the whole list, click here.
Popular in Health
- A test for throat cancer caused by HPV?
- Scientists grow new organs on scaffolding 12 Photos
- Facebook organ donor status option upped number of donors
- Skin cancer self-exam: What to look for (PHOTOS)
- Eating red meat may boost Type 2 diabetes risk
- Deep vein thrombosis: Don't ignore these silent symptoms
- Japanese "eyeball licking" trend carries blindness risk
- Jury: Doctor not liable for patient's 8-month erection