CDC: 15th meningitis death reported
A fifteenth death has been blamed on the outbreak of fungal meningitis, according to the latest figures released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The CDC said Saturday that the outbreak has spread to 13 states, with 197 cases reported.
Deaths have been reported in Florida, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Tennessee and Virginia.
Additional cases have been cited in Idaho, Minnesota, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Texas, and now Illinois
Popular in Health
- A test for throat cancer caused by HPV?
- Skin cancer self-exam: What to look for (PHOTOS)
- Facebook organ donor status option upped number of donors
- Air pollution exposure while pregnant linked to autism risk
- Deep vein thrombosis: Don't ignore these silent symptoms
- Moderate drinking during pregnancy may not harm baby's brain
- Japanese "eyeball licking" trend carries blindness risk
- Scientists grow new organs on scaffolding 12 Photos