CDC: 15th meningitis death reported
A fifteenth death has been blamed on the outbreak of fungal meningitis, according to the latest figures released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The CDC said Saturday that the outbreak has spread to 13 states, with 197 cases reported.
Deaths have been reported in Florida, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Tennessee and Virginia.
Additional cases have been cited in Idaho, Minnesota, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Texas, and now Illinois
Popular in Health
- Surgeons remove 4-pound hairball from tiger 10 Photos
- Once obese dachshund gets surgery to remove excess skin
- Cause of Alabama mystery illness cluster determined
- Heartburn raises throat cancer risk but antacids may help
- Feet come first when it comes to body parts with most fungi
- Surgeons remove 4-pound hairball from 400-pound tiger
- Skin cancer self-exam: What to look for (PHOTOS)
- Airway made by 3D printer saves infant's life