CDC: 15th meningitis death reported
A fifteenth death has been blamed on the outbreak of fungal meningitis, according to the latest figures released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The CDC said Saturday that the outbreak has spread to 13 states, with 197 cases reported.
Deaths have been reported in Florida, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Tennessee and Virginia.
Additional cases have been cited in Idaho, Minnesota, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Texas, and now Illinois
Popular in Health
- Consumer Reports 2013 sunscreen ratings: Which is tops?
- Surgeons remove 4-pound hairball from tiger 10 Photos
- Skin cancer self-exam: What to look for (PHOTOS)
- How to get in shape for your wedding
- Teens guiltiest of underestimating calories in fast food
- Heartburn raises throat cancer risk but antacids may help
- Cause of Alabama mystery illness cluster determined
- Doctor: Gel manicures a potential skin cancer risk