CDC: 15th meningitis death reported
A fifteenth death has been blamed on the outbreak of fungal meningitis, according to the latest figures released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The CDC said Saturday that the outbreak has spread to 13 states, with 197 cases reported.
Deaths have been reported in Florida, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Tennessee and Virginia.
Additional cases have been cited in Idaho, Minnesota, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Texas, and now Illinois
Popular in Health
- Men who had childhood ADHD may grow up to be obese
- Handbags may contain more germs than average toilet flush
- Skin cancer self-exam: What to look for (PHOTOS)
- Controversial update to psychiatry manual, DSM-5, arrives
- Researcher "mapping the food genome" of what Americans eat
- Doctor: Gel manicures a potential skin cancer risk
- Flesh-eating disease victim gets bionic hands
- Shocking study: Math skills improved by electric stimulus