Pistorius reports to authorities, under bail terms
Oscar Pistorius at bail hearing Feb. 22, 2013 in Pretoria, South Africa / AP
JOHANNESBURG A spokeswoman for Oscar Pistorius says he has reported to authorities in South Africa's capital, Pretoria, under the bail terms in the murder case against him.
Lunice Johnston said Monday that the double-amputee Olympic athlete visited correctional officers, but she did not specify their location in the city.
- Oscar Pistorius' brother also facing murder charges
- Oscar Pistorius out on bail
- Father of Oscar Pistorius' slain girlfriend speaks out
Reeva Steenkamp's funeral
Pistorius, who was released on bail Friday, is staying at the home of his uncle, Arnold, in the affluent suburb of Waterkloof, in Pretoria.
Pistorius is accused of premeditated murder in the shooting death of his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp, in the early hours of Feb. 14. Prosecutors say the pair had an argument before Steenkamp was killed; Pistorius says he mistook her for an intruder and shot her accidentally.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- British flower show in full bloom 16 Photos
- Iran hangs alleged U.S., Israeli spies
- Hezbollah suffers heavy losses fighting inside Syria
- Russia shows accused U.S. spy heading home
- Some Swedish youth riot over police shooting death
- Bungled bank heist in Israel leaves gunman, 4 more dead
- N. Korea fires 6th projectile into sea
- Two imprisoned over killing Malcolm X's grandson