Sarai Sierra, NYC mom missing in Turkey, appears in shopping mall security video at cafe
Sarai Sierra in undated family photo. / AP
ISTANBULTurkish police have released security camera footage of a New York City woman who has gone missing while vacationing alone in Istanbul.
Sarai Sierra, 33, has been missing since Jan. 21, when she was supposed to return to New York but did not show up for her flight home. She arrived in Istanbul on Jan 7 alone after her a friend could no longer join her.
Family of missing NYC mom arrive in Turkey
CCTV camera footage released Tuesday shows Sierra eating alone at a shopping mall cafeteria near her hostel and walking around the mall. It was not immediately clear when the images were recorded.
The husband and brother of Sierra, a mother of two, were speaking Tuesday with Istanbul police who specialize in missing persons.
"I don't want to come home without my sister," her brother, David Jimenez, said before leaving for Turkey.
Before she went missing, Sierra told relatives she planned to take photographs at a tourist destination.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Man dead in "truly shocking" London attack 205 Comments
- Who were the 4 U.S. citizens killed in drone strikes?
- Mexican volcano on verge of eruption 15 Photos
- Graphic video: Man dead in "truly shocking" London attack Play Video
- People cling to car in "sidewalk skiing" stunt Play Video
- Volcano's rumbles may signal coming to life Play Video
- Graphic video: knife-wielding suspect talks to camera Play Video
- Is Pope Francis an exorcist?