4 killed trying to steal Zetas cartel boss' body
MEXICO CITY Mexican marines have slain four gunmen who apparently were trying to steal the body of a Zetas cartel chieftain killed by the military a day before in the Gulf coast state of Veracruz.
The state government says the gunmen evidently wanted to take the body of Angel Enrique Uscanga, nicknamed "The Pokemon."
The gunmen shot at marines after they arrived late Friday at the building where authorities were keeping the bodies of Uscanga and four others who had died in a firefight with the military.
The marines shot back and killed the four armed men, said a government statement.
In October, Zetas cartel leader Heriberto Lazcano was shot by Mexican marines and his body was stolen from a funeral home 12 hours afterward.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- British flower show in full bloom 16 Photos
- Iran hangs alleged U.S., Israeli spies
- Hezbollah suffers heavy losses fighting inside Syria
- Russia shows accused U.S. spy heading home
- Bungled bank heist in Israel leaves gunman, 4 more dead
- N. Korea fires 6th projectile into sea
- Some Swedish youth riot over police shooting death
- Two imprisoned over killing Malcolm X's grandson