4 killed trying to steal Zetas cartel boss' body
MEXICO CITY Mexican marines have slain four gunmen who apparently were trying to steal the body of a Zetas cartel chieftain killed by the military a day before in the Gulf coast state of Veracruz.
The state government says the gunmen evidently wanted to take the body of Angel Enrique Uscanga, nicknamed "The Pokemon."
The gunmen shot at marines after they arrived late Friday at the building where authorities were keeping the bodies of Uscanga and four others who had died in a firefight with the military.
The marines shot back and killed the four armed men, said a government statement.
In October, Zetas cartel leader Heriberto Lazcano was shot by Mexican marines and his body was stolen from a funeral home 12 hours afterward.
Popular on CBSNews.com
One year after Afghan massacre, villagers work with U.S. troops One year after U.S. Staff Sgt. Robert Bales was accused of slaughtering 16 Afghan civilians, the villagers in the town where the atrocity took place have joined the U.S. special forces stationed there to assist in the fight against the Taliban.
- 50th Paris Air Show 19 Photos
- Celebration and devotion in India 14 Photos
- Rare twin birth for gorilla in Dutch zoo Play Video
- John Paul II a step closer to sainthood
- Nameplate to blame for halt in Afghan-Taliban talks
- Ex-Chinese official executed for child rapes, state media reports
- Rare twin gorillas born in Dutch zoo
- Brazil protesters flood Sao Paulo streets for 2nd night