Same co. operates collapsed cranes in NYC, Sydney
Sydney, Australia A construction crane perched around 200 feet above the ground collapsed and crashed onto the roof of a nearby building Tuesday after its cab caught fire.
The crane operator was able to escape down ladder as the fire burned above, the Sydney Morning Herald reported, citing fire officials. No one else was hurt in the accident, the crane operator Lend Lease said.
Lend Lease is the same company responsible for a crane that partially collapsed in New York City amid the high winds of superstorm Sandy.
The most recent accident occurred at the University of Technology Faculty of Engineering and Information Technology, which was shut down two weeks ago after a diesel fuel leak was discovered in the crane, union officials told the Morning Herald.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Graphic video: Man dead in "truly shocking" London attack Play Video
- 2 men from diverted Pakistani flight into U.K. arrested
- Bangladesh slum life 13 Photos
- Muslim hard-liners ID suspect in London attack
- Former sex slaves: Osaka mayor should quit
- U.K. official: London attack suspects probed before
- Tokyo's rockabilly scene 16 Photos
- Deadly car bombing at aid group's house in Kabul