Magnitude-5.8 quake strikes off western Canada
GOLDEN, Colorado A magnitude-5.8 earthquake has struck off the coast of western Canada and a tsunami warning has been issued. There are no immediate reports of damage.
The U.S. Geological Survey says the quake hit at 11:14 p.m. Sunday local time and was centered 96 miles south of Masset, British Columbia.
The tsunami warning is in effect for the coastal areas of British Columbia and Alaska from the northern tip of Vancouver Island, British Columbia, to Cape Decision, Alaska, 85 miles southeast of Sitka.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Iran hangs alleged U.S., Israeli spies
- Bungled bank heist in Israel leaves gunman, 4 more dead
- Russia shows accused U.S. spy heading home
- N. Korea fires 6th projectile into sea
- Hezbollah suffers heavy losses fighting inside Syria
- British flower show in full bloom 16 Photos
- Two imprisoned over killing Malcolm X's grandson
- Russia strikes back after expelling alleged U.S. spy