3 kangaroos escape from German zoo with help from fox and wild boar
(AP) BERLIN - A kangaroo is on the lam in Germany after breaking out of a wildlife park, with a fox and a wild boar his suspected accomplices.
Michael Hoffmann, assistant head of the Hochwildschutzpark Hunsrueck west of Frankfurt, said Monday the male kangaroo was one of three that escaped overnight Saturday with the inadvertent help of the menagerie that lives in the area woods.
Hoffmann says the kangaroos got out of their enclosure after a young fox snuck into the park and dug a hole next to the cage's fencing. Two of the three were then able to get out of the park entirely through another hole dug by a wild boar under the exterior fence.
Hoffmann says "we've got two of them back; now we're just looking for the third."
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Photos of the week 22 Photos
- Toronto mayor: I don't smoke crack cocaine
- Graphic video: Man dead in "truly shocking" London attack Play Video
- Deadly car bombing at aid group's house in Kabul
- Bangladesh slum life 13 Photos
- NKorean envoy delivers letter to China's president
- Tokyo's rockabilly scene 16 Photos
- 2 men from diverted Pakistani flight into U.K. arrested