Iraq: Gunmen kill 7 Shiites in targeted attack
(AP) BAGHDAD - Iraqi officials say gunmen on motorcycles killed seven Shiite Muslims in a targeted sectarian attack in the north of the country.
Tuz Khormato mayor Shalal Abdoul says Saturday's attack happened outside the Shiite Turkoman village of Amerili, which is near his town. He says the attackers executed the Shiites after separating them from Sunni Arabs, whom they allowed to go free.
Tuz Khormato is about 210 kilometers (130 miles) north of Baghdad. Tuz Khormato police Capt. Mazin Abdullah confirmed the attack.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Photos of the week 22 Photos
- Graphic video: Man dead in "truly shocking" London attack Play Video
- Bangladesh slum life 13 Photos
- Toronto mayor: I don't smoke crack cocaine
- Inside a Bangladesh garment factory 10 Photos
- NKorean envoy delivers letter to China's president
- Tokyo's rockabilly scene 16 Photos
- Deadly car bombing at aid group's house in Kabul