Mexico bus crash kills 25, including 9 kids
Screen grab from Reuters TV shows people and victims at the scene of a bus crash in Guerrero, Mexico, June 24, 2012. / Reuters TV
(AP) MEXICO CITY - Guerrero state officials say a bus crash in southwest Mexico has killed 25 people, including nine minors. The crash also wounded 22 people.
A state government press release says the vehicle was headed to the town of Buenavisa de Cuellar, 83 miles from the capital of Chilpancingo del Bravo.
The statement says the bus' brakes gave out, causing it to skid off the road shortly after noon on Sunday. The bus was carrying people to a political rally.
The leftist Democratic Revolution Party released a statement expressing condolences for party supporters killed in the crash and their families.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Photos of the week 22 Photos
- Graphic video: Man dead in "truly shocking" London attack Play Video
- Toronto mayor: I don't smoke crack cocaine
- Deadly car bombing at aid group's house in Kabul
- NKorean envoy delivers letter to China's president
- Bangladesh slum life 13 Photos
- Tokyo's rockabilly scene 16 Photos
- Muslim hard-liners ID suspect in London attack