Afghanistan bomb attack kills 2 NATO service members in area where most forces are American
(AP) KABUL, Afghanistan - NATO forces say two international service members have been killed in a bomb attack in eastern Afghanistan.
The military coalition says in a statement issued Monday that the deaths happened on Sunday. The statement does not provide nationalities or other details. NATO typically waits for member nations to announce casualties before providing more information.
Most of the international troops in the east are American but there are forces from other NATO nations as well.
The deaths make at least 25 international service members killed so far this month.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Photos of the week 22 Photos
- Graphic video: Man dead in "truly shocking" London attack Play Video
- Bangladesh slum life 13 Photos
- London brutal attack probe nets additional arrests
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Inside a Bangladesh garment factory 10 Photos
- Toronto mayor: I don't smoke crack cocaine
- NKorean envoy delivers letter to China's president