Powerball jackpot up to $310 million
DES MOINES, Iowa - No one matched the Powerball's six numbers correctly to claim the top prize of $250 million Wednesday.
Now, the big pot is up to $310 million for Saturday night's drawing or a cool $193.4 million if the winner decides to take the cash value.
It's very close to the all-time biggest jackpot of $364 million, which was won on Feb. 18, 2006. Eight people decided to split the cash option. Their net take home was $177,270,519.67 before taxes.
Five players, one each in Georgia, North Carolina, Missouri, Nebraska and New Jersey, matched five of the six numbers on Wednesday, and took home $1 million each.
The winning Powerball numbers in Wednesday night's game were 17-28-38-39-and-51, and the Powerball was 33.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Mexico's drug war 20 Photos
- U.K. official: London attack suspects probed before
- Tokyo's rockabilly scene 16 Photos
- Graphic video: Man dead in "truly shocking" London attack Play Video
- Muslim hard-liners ID suspect in London attack
- Man dead in "truly shocking" London attack 253 Comments
- London soldier slaying homegrown Islamic extremism?
- Tokyo's rockabilly subculture 16 Photos