Oberlin College: FBI to investigate bias incidents
OBERLIN, Ohio Oberlin College says the FBI has agreed to investigate possible bias incidents at the historically liberal college.
Spokesman Scott Wargo says the college approached the FBI with "significant concerns" about the incidents, which began the first week of February. He says the FBI notified Oberlin on Thursday that it would begin investigating.
- Ohio college cancels classes after series of hate-related racial incidents on campus, report says
- Lena Dunham tweets about alma mater's racism troubles
Classes were canceled Monday after a report of someone wearing what looked like a Ku Klux Klan-type hooded robe on campus.
A police report has also detailed the defacement of Black History Month posters with the N-word, a "whites only" sign written above a water fountain, a swastika drawn on a science center window and a student knocked to the ground by a person making a derogatory comment about ethnicity. Two students are being investigated for possible involvement in the graffiti.
Popular on CBSNews.com
Photos: Underground shots of NYC's Second Ave. subway project New York City's Second Ave. subway was first conceived almost a century ago and when it is completed, it will extend all the way down the eastern side of Manhattan with 16 new stations. CBS News' Don Dahler reports on one of the most challenging public works projects in the country.
- Report: U.S. teacher training an "industry of mediocrity"
- Day care worker accused of drugging snacks for nap-time
- Girl who lost feet in lawnmower gets prosthetics
- FAA approval sought for 650-foot-tall Vegas thrill ride
- Tornado briefly touches down on Denver airport runways
- Shock as alleged Nazi unit leader, 94, found in U.S
- Feds digging in Mich. field for Jimmy Hoffa's remains
- Report: Pregnant workers face routine discrimination