Boy dies after pit bull attack in Wisconsin
TOWN OF WALWORTH, Wis. Authorities say a young boy has died after he was attacked by a couple of pit bulls in southeastern Wisconsin.
According to the Walworth County sheriff's office, the county coroner's office confirmed that the boy died of his injuries at a Milwaukee area hospital about 3:30 p.m. Wednesday.
The sheriff's office got a 911 call from a 30-year-old woman Wednesday saying she and a 14-month-old boy were being attacked by pit bulls.
The caller said she and the boy were being attacked by two pit bulls she owns in the Town of Walworth. The animals were removed and euthanized.
The woman said both she and the boy suffered multiple injuries. The boy was flown to a Milwaukee area hospital with critical injuries. His name was not released.
An investigation continues.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Reporter Michael Hastings dies at 33
- Google asks FISA court to lift gag order on NSA requests
- Taliban: We killed 4 U.S. troops at Afghan air base
- Scientists say shipwreck timber in Lake Michigan centuries old
- Tornado briefly touches down on Denver airport runways
- Girl who lost feet in lawnmower gets prosthetics
- FAA approval sought for 650-foot-tall Vegas thrill ride
- Report: U.S. teacher training an "industry of mediocrity"