Boy dies after pit bull attack in Wisconsin
TOWN OF WALWORTH, Wis. Authorities say a young boy has died after he was attacked by a couple of pit bulls in southeastern Wisconsin.
According to the Walworth County sheriff's office, the county coroner's office confirmed that the boy died of his injuries at a Milwaukee area hospital about 3:30 p.m. Wednesday.
The sheriff's office got a 911 call from a 30-year-old woman Wednesday saying she and a 14-month-old boy were being attacked by pit bulls.
The caller said she and the boy were being attacked by two pit bulls she owns in the Town of Walworth. The animals were removed and euthanized.
The woman said both she and the boy suffered multiple injuries. The boy was flown to a Milwaukee area hospital with critical injuries. His name was not released.
An investigation continues.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Serena Williams sorry for "what I supposedly said" on rape 67 Comments
- TWA Flight 800 gets another look 17 years later 112 Comments
- TWA Flight 800 disaster - a look back 19 Photos
- 3 football players charged in Naval Academy rape case
- FBI: No sign of Jimmy Hoffa's body in Detroit suburb 59 Comments
- America's endangered historic places 11 Photos
- Reporter Michael Hastings dies at 33
- FBI finds possible remains at gangster's NYC home