Electrical smell prompts United flight to divert to Ohio
CLEVELAND A United Airlines flight from New York to Los Angeles was diverted to Cleveland because of an electrical smell, causing a celebrity passenger to tweet that perhaps she should be on the comedy "Hot in Cleveland."
WEWS-TV reports that "Body of Proof" star Dana Delany was on Flight 132 from Kennedy International Airport Sunday when someone reported a smell coming from a cabin. The plane was diverted to Cleveland at about 5:45 p.m., where airport officials said maintenance workers checked the aircraft but did not find anything.
Delany tweeted about the incident, saying, "Maybe being stranded in Cleveland is a sign that I should be on (at)hotnclevelandtv. (at)bettymwhite where are you?" and "Emergency landing on (at)United in Cleveland. Who's couch can I crash on?!?"
There were no injuries. It wasn't immediately known when the plane took off again.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Tornado victims start picking up the pieces
- Tornado's destructive path 17 Photos
- Tsarnaev friend implicates dead brother, self in murders
- Brigadier general suspended over altercation with woman
- Up-close video of Moore, Okla., tornado Play Video
- Deadliest U.S. tornadoes 10 Photos
- Oklahoma tornado as seen by storm chasers Play Video
- At least 51 dead after massive Okla. tornado