Maryland high school student killed over shoes
A 15-year-old Maryland student lost his life over a pair of shoes he was on his way to deliver to his girlfriend on Valentine's Day, CBS Radio affiliate WNEW reports.
Friends told WNEW's Karen Adams that somebody approached Charles "Chuck" Walker, a freshman at Suitland High School, on the street and demanded he hand over the shoes. When Walker refused, he was shot to death.
Police said they discovered Walker suffering from a gunshot wound to his upper body Monday afternoon and he was pronounced dead at the local hospital.
Walker is the fifth Prince George's County student to die in a violent act this year. A reward of up to $25,000 is offered to anyone who provides information leading to an arrest and indictment in the case.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- TWA Flight 800 gets another look 17 years later 100 Comments
- America's endangered historic places 11 Photos
- Reporter Michael Hastings dies at 33
- FBI: No sign of Jimmy Hoffa's body in Detroit suburb
- Taliban: We killed 4 U.S. troops at Afghan air base
- Serena Williams sorry for "what I supposedly said" on rape
- Scientists say shipwreck timber in Lake Michigan centuries old
- TWA Flight 800 disaster - a look back 19 Photos