Mich. man in Miss. for funeral wins $7.4M penny-slot jackpot
BILOXI, Miss. A Michigan man who went to Mississippi for a friend's funeral stopped by a casino and won a $7.2 million jackpot from a penny-slot machine.
Casino officials tell the Sun Herald that Tyler Morris of Montague, Mich., won the jackpot Friday after attending the memorial service.
His treasure came from "The Lord of The Rings: The Fellowship" penny-slot machine, manufactured by WMS Gaming.
The slot machine's progressive jackpot resets at $200,000.
According to the casino's website, "Tyler said he felt his friend was watching over him and had blessed him with the big win. Tyler's wife, Mary, commented they would pay off the new car they had just purchased earlier this week in order to be able to make the trip to the Mississippi Gulf Coast."
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Children rescued from two elementary schools in Oklahoma 19 Photos
- Oklahoma tornado recovery grinds on amid grim scenes 183 Comments
- Tornado's destructive path 17 Photos
- More severe weather expected after monster tornado
- Deadliest U.S. tornadoes 10 Photos
- Oklahoma tornado as seen by storm chasers Play Video
- Up-close video of Moore, Okla., tornado Play Video
- Twisters touch down in the Midwest 13 Photos