Mich. man in Miss. for funeral wins $7.4M penny-slot jackpot
BILOXI, Miss. A Michigan man who went to Mississippi for a friend's funeral stopped by a casino and won a $7.2 million jackpot from a penny-slot machine.
Casino officials tell the Sun Herald that Tyler Morris of Montague, Mich., won the jackpot Friday after attending the memorial service.
His treasure came from "The Lord of The Rings: The Fellowship" penny-slot machine, manufactured by WMS Gaming.
The slot machine's progressive jackpot resets at $200,000.
According to the casino's website, "Tyler said he felt his friend was watching over him and had blessed him with the big win. Tyler's wife, Mary, commented they would pay off the new car they had just purchased earlier this week in order to be able to make the trip to the Mississippi Gulf Coast."
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Probe begins after Conn. commuter trains collide
- O.J. Simpson's ex-lawyer contradicts his testimony on guns 46 Comments
- Dozens injured as commuter trains collide in Conn.
- Seven-time lottery winner shares secret to winning Powerball
- Why marry? Three generations tell their wedding stories
- New Yorker's Strongbox: Can it shield anonymous sources?
- Navy pilot earns degree in combat zone
- Tornadoes rip through northern Texas 17 Photos