3 boats damaged in Hudson River marina fire
A boat fire in the marina in Weehawken, N.J. / CBS/Robin Haffner
WEEHAWKEN, N.J. Three boats were damaged Monday morning when a fire broke out at a Weehawken marina.
North Hudson Regional Fire and Rescue Chief Frank Montagne tells The Jersey Journal the fire broke out between 7 and 7:30 a.m. at the Lincoln Harbor Yacht Club marina, near the Sheraton and the Chart House restaurant.
He says gusting winds helped spread the flames to three boats. No one was aboard any of the vessels, and no injuries were reported.
The New York City Fired Department was requested to assist, the Record newspaper reported.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Popular on CBSNews.com
Photos: Underground shots of NYC's Second Ave. subway project New York City's Second Ave. subway was first conceived almost a century ago and when it is completed, it will extend all the way down the eastern side of Manhattan with 16 new stations. CBS News' Don Dahler reports on one of the most challenging public works projects in the country.
- Reporter Michael Hastings dies at 33
- Girl who lost feet in lawnmower gets prosthetics
- Report: U.S. teacher training an "industry of mediocrity"
- Tornado briefly touches down on Denver airport runways
- FAA approval sought for 650-foot-tall Vegas thrill ride
- Day care worker accused of drugging snacks for nap-time
- Report: Pregnant workers face routine discrimination
- Scientists say shipwreck timber in Lake Michigan centuries old