3 boats damaged in Hudson River marina fire
A boat fire in the marina in Weehawken, N.J. / CBS/Robin Haffner
WEEHAWKEN, N.J. Three boats were damaged Monday morning when a fire broke out at a Weehawken marina.
North Hudson Regional Fire and Rescue Chief Frank Montagne tells The Jersey Journal the fire broke out between 7 and 7:30 a.m. at the Lincoln Harbor Yacht Club marina, near the Sheraton and the Chart House restaurant.
He says gusting winds helped spread the flames to three boats. No one was aboard any of the vessels, and no injuries were reported.
The New York City Fired Department was requested to assist, the Record newspaper reported.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- No fatalities in I-5 bridge collapse in NW Wash. 114 Comments
- Young victims of deadly Okla. tornado 10 Photos
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys 432 Comments
- Clean-up efforts underway in Okla. 29 Photos
- Kids, teachers from destroyed Okla. school reunite
- Kansas reporters run for tornado shelter during newscast
- Forecasters warn: Up to 6 major storms this season
- Washington state bridge collapses 8 Photos