3 killed in small plane crash in central Florida
VERO BEACH, Fla. Authorities say three people are dead following a small plane crash in central Florida.
The Federal Aviation Administration reports that the Cessna 310 left Okeechobee Thursday afternoon. The plane was heading to Bartow when the FAA lost contact with it near Fort Pierce. The crash site was discovered in a marsh area Friday morning about 20 miles west of Vero Beach.
A U.S. Coast Guard helicopter carried paramedics to the crash site to remove the victims.
The National Transportation Safety Board will investigate the cause of the crash.
Officials weren't immediately identifying the victims.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- I-5 bridge collapses in NW Wash.; people in water
- Clean-up efforts underway in Okla. 29 Photos
- Young victims of deadly Okla. tornado 10 Photos
- Forecasters warn: Up to 6 major storms this season
- Kids, teachers from destroyed Okla. school reunite
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys 336 Comments
- First funeral held for young Oklahoma tornado victim
- Tsarnaev friend implicates dead brother, self in murders 175 Comments