3 killed in small plane crash in central Florida
VERO BEACH, Fla. Authorities say three people are dead following a small plane crash in central Florida.
The Federal Aviation Administration reports that the Cessna 310 left Okeechobee Thursday afternoon. The plane was heading to Bartow when the FAA lost contact with it near Fort Pierce. The crash site was discovered in a marsh area Friday morning about 20 miles west of Vero Beach.
A U.S. Coast Guard helicopter carried paramedics to the crash site to remove the victims.
The National Transportation Safety Board will investigate the cause of the crash.
Officials weren't immediately identifying the victims.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Powerball frenzy locks down most possible number combos
- Probe begins after Conn. commuter trains collide
- O.J. Simpson's ex-lawyer contradicts his testimony on guns
- Seven-time lottery winner shares secret to winning Powerball
- Why marry? Three generations tell their wedding stories
- Dozens injured as commuter trains collide in Conn.
- New Yorker's Strongbox: Can it shield anonymous sources?
- Texas tornado survivors start to return home