Icy winter mix delays opening of D.C. federal offices
A winter weather advisory was in effect in the Washington, D.C. area until mid-morning Monday due to an expected icy winter mix.
The U.S. Office of Personnel Management announced federal offices will open at Noon on Monday, due to freezing rain in the forecast, according to CBS Washington affiliate WUSA-TV.
Forecasters warned locals to expect some slick spots during the morning commute.
But much milder air was also on the way, so any icy spots were expected to clear out quickly later in the morning, and in the afternoon.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Port Authority releases photo of One WTC workers at dizzying heights 118 Comments
- Massive train collision takes down highway overpass
- Washington state bridge collapses 20 Photos
- Best U.S. beaches 2013 10 Photos
- Bridge collapse blamed on tractor-trailer 324 Comments
- Frantic 911 calls reveal chaos in Okla., following tornado
- Deadly Angel Flight crash in upstate New York
- Sandy-shocked Jersey Shore seeks summer comeback