At least 5 die in Chicago shootings
CHICAGO Authorities are investigating the shooting deaths of five people in a single day of bloodshed in Chicago.
Police Officer Daniel O'Brien says Saturday's first killing occurred at around 2:15 a.m. on the city's west side when a gunman opened fire on two men who were sitting in a parked car, killing one and wounding the other.
Investigators say a few hours later, someone opened fire on three men near a South Side eatery, killing two of them and wounding the third.
Detectives were called to the scene of another shooting Saturday afternoon in which a man in his 30s and a teenager were shot to death. There had been no arrests.
Chicago's homicide count eclipsed 500 last year for the first time since 2008.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Children rescued from two elementary schools in Oklahoma 19 Photos
- Oklahoma tornado recovery grinds on amid grim scenes 180 Comments
- Tornado's destructive path 17 Photos
- More severe weather expected after monster tornado
- Deadliest U.S. tornadoes 10 Photos
- Oklahoma tornado as seen by storm chasers Play Video
- Twisters touch down in the Midwest 13 Photos
- Up-close video of Moore, Okla., tornado Play Video