Fast-food fan gets drive-thru send-off after funeral
YORK, Pa. A Pennsylvania fast-food fan had one whopper of a funeral.
Family members say David Kime "lived by his own rules" so it's only fitting he'd have it his way on the way to the cemetery.
The hearse carrying the 88-year-old York man led his funeral procession through a Burger King drive-thru for one last sandwich Saturday.
The York Daily Record reports one sandwich was placed atop his flag-draped coffin at the cemetery.
Daughter Linda Phiel said it was a happy way of honoring her father and the things that brought him joy.
Restaurant manager Margaret Hess and her crew made 40 burgers for the funeral procession. She says it's nice to know Kime was a loyal customer until "the very end."
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Small Fla. town wonders who the Powerball winner is
- Officials confirm there's only 1 winning Powerball ticket
- Long Island police defend Hofstra student killing 307 Comments
- Powerful thunderstorms rumble through hard-hit Midwest
- Could cop have avoided accidentally killing NY student? 84 Comments
- Allegedly random murder, "hate crime," stuns NYC
- Winning tickets sought in $588M Powerball jackpot
- FBI Agent Killed In Robbery Play Video