Ohio man showered in ashes after brother attacks him with furneral urn
LORAIN, Ohio An Ohio man has been accused of bashing his brother over the head with a cremation urn, breaking the urn and creating a cloud of human ashes.
Police say officers responding to a domestic-violence report in Lorain on Friday saw Joel Perez threaten to kill his brother and smash the urn against his head, knocking him unconscious.
Officers say Perez fought them when they tried to arrest him and they zapped him with a stun gun before taking him into custody. He continued to make threats against his brother and other people inside the home while he was placed under arrest, CBS affiliate WOIO in Cleveland, Ohio reported.
The victim had to be rushed to the hospital due to profuse bleeding, WOIO said.
Perez has been charged with domestic violence, felonious assault and resisting arrest, according to WOIO.
Perez is in custody and can't be reached for comment. There's no telephone listing for him at the address given by police.
It's unclear what the brothers were arguing about or whose ashes were in the urn.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Port Authority releases photo of One WTC workers at dizzying heights 104 Comments
- Washington state bridge collapses 20 Photos
- Best U.S. beaches 2013 10 Photos
- Massive train collision takes down highway overpass
- Bridge collapse blamed on tractor-trailer
- Frantic 911 calls reveal chaos in Okla., following tornado
- Deadly Angel Flight crash in upstate New York
- Judge: Ariz. sheriff's office profiles Latinos 135 Comments