Chicago man charged with spitting
CHICAGO A Chicago man has been charged with spitting on a Secret Service agent who was guarding President Barack Obama's home last month.
The Chicago Sun-Times reports that Kevin Lawrence is accused of spitting into the agent's vehicle on Dec. 29 outside the Chicago home, hitting the agent in the face and neck. He's charged with aggravated battery of a peace officer.
The 46-year-old Lawrence is jailed on $50,000 bail. Cook County Jail records show he was booked Sunday. The records don't list an attorney for him.
His next court date is Friday.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Reporter Michael Hastings dies at 33
- Google asks FISA court to lift gag order on NSA requests
- Taliban: We killed 4 U.S. troops at Afghan air base
- Scientists say shipwreck timber in Lake Michigan centuries old
- Tornado briefly touches down on Denver airport runways
- Girl who lost feet in lawnmower gets prosthetics
- FAA approval sought for 650-foot-tall Vegas thrill ride
- Report: U.S. teacher training an "industry of mediocrity"