Chicago man charged with spitting
CHICAGO A Chicago man has been charged with spitting on a Secret Service agent who was guarding President Barack Obama's home last month.
The Chicago Sun-Times reports that Kevin Lawrence is accused of spitting into the agent's vehicle on Dec. 29 outside the Chicago home, hitting the agent in the face and neck. He's charged with aggravated battery of a peace officer.
The 46-year-old Lawrence is jailed on $50,000 bail. Cook County Jail records show he was booked Sunday. The records don't list an attorney for him.
His next court date is Friday.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Powerball frenzy locks down most possible number combos
- Probe begins after Conn. commuter trains collide
- O.J. Simpson's ex-lawyer contradicts his testimony on guns
- Seven-time lottery winner shares secret to winning Powerball
- Why marry? Three generations tell their wedding stories
- Dozens injured as commuter trains collide in Conn.
- New Yorker's Strongbox: Can it shield anonymous sources?
- Texas tornado survivors start to return home