Three accused of dragging man behind truck in Fla.
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. Authorities in central Florida say a man was shocked with a stun gun, beaten, tied to the bumper of a truck and then dragged a half-mile down a dirt road.
The victim's ex-wife, 61-year-old Jeannette Morris; her brother, 63-year-old Harold Anderson; and another woman, 46-year-old Joan Hobart, are charged with attempted murder, conspiracy to commit murder and aggravated battery.
Volusia County deputies say the three were drinking with Morris' ex-husband, 54-year-old Robert Hall, in the house Morris shared with her former husband when they shocked him several times and punched him. Deputies say they then tied rope around his ankles and attached the other end to the rear bumper of a truck.
Hall managed to escape to a neighbor's house for help. He is being treated at a Daytona Beach hospital.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Reporter Michael Hastings dies at 33 46 Comments
- America's endangered historic places 11 Photos
- Google asks FISA court to lift gag order on NSA requests
- Taliban: We killed 4 U.S. troops at Afghan air base
- FBI: No sign of Jimmy Hoffa's body in Detroit suburb
- Scientists say shipwreck timber in Lake Michigan centuries old
- TWA Flight 800 gets another look 17 years later
- Girl who lost feet in lawnmower gets prosthetics