Three accused of dragging man behind truck in Fla.
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. Authorities in central Florida say a man was shocked with a stun gun, beaten, tied to the bumper of a truck and then dragged a half-mile down a dirt road.
The victim's ex-wife, 61-year-old Jeannette Morris; her brother, 63-year-old Harold Anderson; and another woman, 46-year-old Joan Hobart, are charged with attempted murder, conspiracy to commit murder and aggravated battery.
Volusia County deputies say the three were drinking with Morris' ex-husband, 54-year-old Robert Hall, in the house Morris shared with her former husband when they shocked him several times and punched him. Deputies say they then tied rope around his ankles and attached the other end to the rear bumper of a truck.
Hall managed to escape to a neighbor's house for help. He is being treated at a Daytona Beach hospital.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Children rescued from two elementary schools in Oklahoma 19 Photos
- Tornado's destructive path 17 Photos
- Oklahoma tornado recovery grinds on amid grim scenes
- More severe weather expected after monster tornado
- Deadliest U.S. tornadoes 10 Photos
- Oklahoma tornado victim search efforts winding down
- Oklahoma tornado as seen by storm chasers Play Video
- Up-close video of Moore, Okla., tornado Play Video