Three accused of dragging man behind truck in Fla.
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. Authorities in central Florida say a man was shocked with a stun gun, beaten, tied to the bumper of a truck and then dragged a half-mile down a dirt road.
The victim's ex-wife, 61-year-old Jeannette Morris; her brother, 63-year-old Harold Anderson; and another woman, 46-year-old Joan Hobart, are charged with attempted murder, conspiracy to commit murder and aggravated battery.
Volusia County deputies say the three were drinking with Morris' ex-husband, 54-year-old Robert Hall, in the house Morris shared with her former husband when they shocked him several times and punched him. Deputies say they then tied rope around his ankles and attached the other end to the rear bumper of a truck.
Hall managed to escape to a neighbor's house for help. He is being treated at a Daytona Beach hospital.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Massive tornado hits Okla. 60 Photos
- Mile-wide tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- Children rescued from elementary school in Okla. 11 Photos
- Oklahoma tornado carves trail of destruction Play Video
- At least 51 dead after massive Okla. tornado 91 Comments
- Severe tornado tears through Oklahoma City suburb Play Video
- Oklahoma tornado kills at least 51, including 20 children
- Record Fla. Powerball winner can't remain anonymous