Massive teen brawl, stampede shuts down La. mall
Cell phone video caught the chaos at the Mall of Louisiana Saturday night. / WWL-TV/CBS News
BATON ROUGE, La. Large groups of brawling teenagers sparked a stampede at a Louisiana mall that led police to evacuate the shopping center and shut it down early.
More than 200 teens were in the Mall of Louisiana's food court when a large fight broke out just before 6 p.m. Saturday, although it wasn't clear how many were actually fighting.
No injuries were reported. CBS Louisiana affiliate WWL-TV reports some of the juveniles could face charges
Witnesses told the Advocate that the trouble started after Instagram users posted an invitation to their followers on social media telling them to come and meet them in person at the mall.
Police corralled unaccompanied youths until parents arrived to pick them up.
Below is WWL-TV's report, including cell phone video of large crowds of mall-goers being escorted outside by police:
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Port Authority releases photo of One WTC workers at dizzying heights
- Bridge collapse blamed on tractor-trailer 286 Comments
- Washington state bridge collapses 20 Photos
- Best U.S. beaches 2013 10 Photos
- No fatalities in I-5 bridge collapse in NW Wash. 141 Comments
- Frantic 911 calls reveal chaos in Okla., following tornado
- Clean-up efforts underway in Okla. 29 Photos
- Earthquake, multiple aftershocks jolt Californians