Falling refrigerator crushes L.A. man grabbing beer
LOS ANGELES A 60-something Los Angeles man was killed on New Year's Day after a refrigerator fell on him while he was trying to grab a beer, CBS Los Angeles reports.
The incident happened around 4 p.m. Tuesday as the man was getting the beer from a fridge in his garage, said Ed Winter, an assistant chief coroner for Los Angeles County.
The victim was pronounced dead at the scene, Winter said.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Bridge collapse blamed on tractor-trailer 214 Comments
- Washington state bridge collapses 20 Photos
- Best U.S. beaches 2013 10 Photos
- No fatalities in I-5 bridge collapse in NW Wash. 137 Comments
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys 960 Comments
- Earthquake, multiple aftershocks jolt Californians
- Kansas reporters run for tornado shelter during newscast
- Clean-up efforts underway in Okla. 29 Photos