Idaho parents say man entered class, choked boy
BOISE, Idaho Authorities in northern Idaho have issued an arrest warrant for a man accused of entering a classroom and putting one young student into a chokehold.
The warrant signed Thursday by a Lewis County Magistrate Judge names 36-year-old Byron Scott Edwards of Reubens.
Authorities want to question Edwards about his role in an incident at Highland School in the small town of Craigmont Monday.
The guardian of a fifth-grader criticized school officials this week after she says Edwards entered a classroom, harassed children and put her grandson in a chokehold.
Jerry Peery said other parents called police after hearing what happened.
Meanwhile, Edwards is being held in the jail in neighboring Nez Perce County on a $30,000 bond. He was arrested Tuesday on a felony warrant issued out of Oregon.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Wave of tornadoes sweeps Midwest 13 Photos
- Deadly twisters tear through Oklahoma
- Could cop have avoided accidentally killing NY student? 118 Comments
- Firefighter killed in massive Dallas condo fire
- Long Island police defend Hofstra student killing 316 Comments
- Small Fla. town wonders who the Powerball winner is
- 2 FBI agents die in training accident off Virginia coast
- Officials confirm there's only 1 winning Powerball ticket