Memorial service held for Conn. gunman's mother
Nancy Lanza, mother of Adam Lanza, 20, who killed his mother before heading to Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, United States, where he shot shot 26 people dead before killing himself. / Rex Features via AP Images
A memorial service was held Thursday for the mother of the gunman who shot and killed 20 children at a Connecticut elementary school, CBS Station WBZ Boston reported.
According to police in Kingston, N.H., the private service was attended by 25 people in the town of about 6,400, where Nancy Lanza once lived.
Victims of Conn. school shooting
Her son Adam Lanza burst into Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., last Friday, killing 20 children and six adults before committing suicide. Before the shooting, Lanza killed his mother in her bed. Reports say that the weapons that Adam Lanza carried with him in the attack was registered to her.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- TWA Flight 800 disaster - a look back 19 Photos
- Serena Williams sorry for "what I supposedly said" on rape 90 Comments
- Taliban offers prisoner swap for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl
- TWA Flight 800 gets another look 17 years later 119 Comments
- 3 football players charged in Naval Academy rape case
- America's endangered historic places 11 Photos
- Pa. girl who fought for lung transplant improving, mom says
- FBI: No sign of Jimmy Hoffa's body in Detroit suburb 59 Comments