Police respond to report of gunfire at Vegas hotel
LAS VEGAS Police are responding to a report of gunfire at a hotel on the Las Vegas Strip.
Las Vegas Police Sgt. John Sheahan says officers were called to the Excalibur hotel-casino just before 9:30 p.m. Friday, on a report of shots being fired. The shooting was reported near the hotel's front desk.
Sheahan didn't immediately release any other details.
The Excalibur has approximately 4,000 rooms and is located at the intersection of Tropicana Avenue and Las Vegas Boulevard. The hotel is named for the mythical sword of King Arthur, and its facade is a stylized image of a castle.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- TWA Flight 800 gets another look 17 years later 112 Comments
- Serena Williams sorry for "what I supposedly said" on rape
- America's endangered historic places 11 Photos
- TWA Flight 800 disaster - a look back 19 Photos
- FBI: No sign of Jimmy Hoffa's body in Detroit suburb
- 3 football players charged in Naval Academy rape case
- Reporter Michael Hastings dies at 33
- Scientists say shipwreck timber in Lake Michigan centuries old