Dead baby found on trash facility conveyor belt
LA PUENTE, Calif. A dead newborn was found at a trash collection and recycling facility in La Puente on Monday.
A worker discovered the baby on a conveyor belt while he was sorting garbage at Athens Services on East Valley Boulevard around 2 p.m., CBS Station KCBS reports.
The company uses conveyor belts to help workers separate trash into recycling containers.
The baby was taken to the coroner's office for an autopsy.
Sheriff's homicide detectives from the City of Industry are investigating the incident.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Children rescued from two elementary schools in Oklahoma 19 Photos
- Oklahoma tornado recovery grinds on amid grim scenes 170 Comments
- Tornado's destructive path 17 Photos
- More severe weather expected after monster tornado
- Deadliest U.S. tornadoes 10 Photos
- Oklahoma tornado as seen by storm chasers Play Video
- Twisters touch down in the Midwest 13 Photos
- Oklahoma tornado carves trail of destruction Play Video