Dead baby found on trash facility conveyor belt
LA PUENTE, Calif. A dead newborn was found at a trash collection and recycling facility in La Puente on Monday.
A worker discovered the baby on a conveyor belt while he was sorting garbage at Athens Services on East Valley Boulevard around 2 p.m., CBS Station KCBS reports.
The company uses conveyor belts to help workers separate trash into recycling containers.
The baby was taken to the coroner's office for an autopsy.
Sheriff's homicide detectives from the City of Industry are investigating the incident.
Popular on CBSNews.com
Photos: Underground shots of NYC's Second Ave. subway project New York City's Second Ave. subway was first conceived almost a century ago and when it is completed, it will extend all the way down the eastern side of Manhattan with 16 new stations. CBS News' Don Dahler reports on one of the most challenging public works projects in the country.
- Reporter Michael Hastings dies at 33
- Google asks FISA court to lift gag order on NSA requests
- Scientists say shipwreck timber in Lake Michigan centuries old
- Taliban: We killed 4 U.S. troops at Afghan air base
- Tornado briefly touches down on Denver airport runways
- Girl who lost feet in lawnmower gets prosthetics
- Report: U.S. teacher training an "industry of mediocrity"
- FAA approval sought for 650-foot-tall Vegas thrill ride