Judge denies bid to take down anti-Muslim film
The trailer for "Innocence of Muslims," an anti-Muslim video, was posted on YouTube, stirring violent protests across the globe. / YouTube
LOS ANGELES An actress who appeared in the anti-Muslim film blamed for sparking violence in the Middle East has lost another legal bid to have the trailer taken down from YouTube.
A federal judge in Los Angeles denied a motion for injunction on Friday by Cindy Lee Garcia.
It wasn't immediately known whether Garcia's attorneys would file an appeal.
Garcia lost a similar legal challenge in state court when a judge rejected her lawsuit in September.
"Innocence of Muslims," which depicts the Prophet Mohammad as a religious fraud and womanizer, enraged Muslims and ignited violence in the Middle East, killing dozens.
Garcia said she was duped by the man behind the film, Mark Bassely Youssef and the script she saw referenced neither Muslims nor Mohammad. She also said her voice had been dubbed over after filming.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Bridge collapse blamed on tractor-trailer 223 Comments
- Washington state bridge collapses 20 Photos
- Best U.S. beaches 2013 10 Photos
- No fatalities in I-5 bridge collapse in NW Wash. 137 Comments
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys 1020 Comments
- Port Authority releases photo of One WTC workers at dizzying heights
- Earthquake, multiple aftershocks jolt Californians
- Kansas reporters run for tornado shelter during newscast