1 shot at Morgan State University
Morgan State University
BALTIMORE One person has been shot and another is in custody after an incident at Morgan State University on Friday, officials said.
A police spokesman says the shooting happened around 1 p.m. Friday in the 1700 block of East Cold Spring Lane, which runs through the northern part of campus.
"It looks as if grew from a dispute between two individuals and that dispute resulted in one person being shot," university spokesman Clint Coleman said to the Baltimore Sun.
The spokesman said an adult male was shot, but the person's injuries are not fatal. Police have also recovered a weapon. It was not clear if either person is a student.
According to WMAR-TV, at least three people were in custody, one of them being the suspect.
An alert on the university's website updated at 1:52 p.m. said the situation is clear though police remain at a residence hall. A university spokesman said officials are gathering information.
A shooting on the campus in September also injured one person.
The school, a historically black university, has an enrollment of approximately 6,000.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Authorities find cause of Wash. bridge collapse 91 Comments
- Washington state bridge collapses 20 Photos
- No fatalities in I-5 bridge collapse in NW Wash. 132 Comments
- Kansas reporters run for tornado shelter during newscast
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys 656 Comments
- Clean-up efforts underway in Okla. 29 Photos
- Shelton, Underwood coming to aid of Oklahomans
- Kids, teachers from destroyed Okla. school reunite