Prosecutor: Sickened Penn. kids accidentally took LSD
EASTON, Pa. A prosecutor says two Pennsylvania brothers who were rushed to a hospital in September inadvertently took liquid LSD from a bottle of breath mint drops they found on the ground near their home.
Northampton County District Attorney John Morganelli said Wednesday that investigators determined the boys ingested the hallucinogenic drug.
Morganelli says the boys, ages 7 and 10, were foaming at the mouth and hallucinating after arriving at Bangor Elementary School on Sept. 24. They were hospitalized and released the following day.
Morganelli says investigators couldn't get fingerprints from the bottle to trace it.
He says the boys' mother and her live-in boyfriend tested negative for drugs and there were no issues inside the home.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Port Authority releases photo of One WTC workers at dizzying heights 91 Comments
- Washington state bridge collapses 20 Photos
- Best U.S. beaches 2013 10 Photos
- Bridge collapse blamed on tractor-trailer 314 Comments
- Frantic 911 calls reveal chaos in Okla., following tornado
- Massive train collision takes down highway overpass
- Judge: Ariz. sheriff's office profiles Latinos 130 Comments
- Deadly Angel Flight crash in upstate New York