Shots fired near White House after robbery
WASHINGTON Police are looking for four suspects involved in an attempted robbery in northwest Washington, D.C. Friday morning that led to shots being fired near the White House.
According to CBS D.C., police say they are looking for four armed males driving a silver or white Lincoln with D.C. tags: EC0424.
The men are armed and dangerous.
The incident began with an attempted robbery near Dupont Circle sometime after 6:00 a.m. Police say multiple people were robbed by a group of suspects.
One of the robbery victims pursued the suspect in the direction of Lafayette Square, just a few blocks from the White House, police said.
Gunshots were fired but no one was struck. It is unclear if the gun shots were fired while the victim was in pursuit of the suspects.
The pursuit ended near H Street and Madison Place, N.W.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Powerball frenzy locks down most possible number combos
- Probe begins after Conn. commuter trains collide
- O.J. Simpson's ex-lawyer contradicts his testimony on guns
- Seven-time lottery winner shares secret to winning Powerball
- Dozens injured as commuter trains collide in Conn.
- Why marry? Three generations tell their wedding stories
- New Yorker's Strongbox: Can it shield anonymous sources?
- Tornadoes rip through northern Texas 17 Photos