Police charge NYC nanny in stabbing death of kids
Yoselyn Ortega, 50, the nanny suspected of stabbing to death two young children in New York City / CBS News
NEW YORK New York City police say they've charged a nanny with murder in the stabbing deaths of two children last month.
Police finally could interview 50-year-old Yoselyn Ortega as she continues to recover from self-inflicted stab wounds. They charged her in her hospital bed Saturday night with two counts each of first- and second-degree murder.
Police say Ortega fatally stabbed 6-year-old Lucia Krim and her 2-year-old brother, Leo, on Oct. 25 in the children's Upper West Side apartment. She then stabbed herself.
A third sibling was with their mother when the killings happened. The mother returned home to discover her children dead and Ortega bleeding.
Ortega remains hospitalized under police guard
Popular on CBSNews.com
- TWA Flight 800 gets another look 17 years later 112 Comments
- Serena Williams sorry for "what I supposedly said" on rape
- America's endangered historic places 11 Photos
- TWA Flight 800 disaster - a look back 19 Photos
- FBI: No sign of Jimmy Hoffa's body in Detroit suburb
- 3 football players charged in Naval Academy rape case
- Reporter Michael Hastings dies at 33
- FBI finds possible remains at gangster's NYC home