N.Y. drug raid nets 640 marijuana lollipops, cash
BUFFALO, N.Y. Just in time for Halloween, New York police say a drug raid in Buffalo turned up 640 marijuana lollipops that had been obtained in California, where medical marijuana is legal.
The Buffalo News reports that police raided a party on Thursday attended by some University of Buffalo students and found the Jolly Lolly suckers, as well as leaf marijuana, cocaine and $13,000 in cash.
At least one person was arrested on felony drug charges. He allegedly had the candies shipped across the country to Buffalo.
Medical marijuana is not legal in New York.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Tsarnaev friend implicates dead brother, self in murders 146 Comments
- Victims of deadly Oklahoma tornado 6 Photos
- Up-close video of Moore, Okla., tornado Play Video
- Oklahoma tornado as seen by storm chasers Play Video
- Tornado victims start picking up the pieces
- Tornado's destructive path 17 Photos
- Deadliest U.S. tornadoes 10 Photos
- AG Holder: Drones killed 4 Americans since 2009